Monday, July 23, 2007

Good Mommy!


This weekend I took so many pictures that I am making two blog entries! this is part one, and I'll continue it in the entry below.. :)


It was a great weekend. There was nothing spectacular that we did, but everything we did was fun. Oh, and teh weather- to die for. The mornings were so cool we actually opened the windows. In July. In Tennessee. I'm not sure that's ever happened! It's funny... those mornings had the feel of a Football Morning. Which made me get super excited for football and the fall. I do love the fall. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the summer. Definite mixed emotions b.c I don't want summer to end but I can't wait for football and getting Eileen into this. Ok, anyway .. I am rambling.


I left work early Friday to head to a local consignment sale for kids. I have not been to it before, but it is held every year and I always hear what a good deal it is. Since Eileen has not a single thing to wear when it does start to get chilly, I figured I might as well check it out. Oiy!!! Jack-Pot. I could not believe all the clothes. From newborn up to tween. Clothes, toys, supplies - all there. I got there at 3ish, and there was still loads to pick from. I can't imagine how good it must have been at 9 that morning! So I walked out having spent right at a hundred bucks - with thirty-two items. And most of those were sets! So you do the math. Even if she wears somethng only once before she grows out of it, it didn't cost me more than $3-4!!! And this was all good stuff.. Gymboree and Baby Gap and Children's Place. So cute. So fun.


So, she's crawling like crazy- and she's also figured out how to clap! She loves it. That's what she's doing in the first picture on this post. So, she's majorly mobile, and immensely curious. Not a good combination for our not really baby-proof house. She's currently fascinated by the shredder and the garbage can (hey, it is the Beemer of garbage cans). So, the pak-n-play is permanently in place downstairs. And I stick her in it for as long as I can get away with. Right now she loves it. As long as Pooh is nearby, she's a happy camper. I think Gracie feels sorry for her!


Saturday afternoon we headed over to Josh's office. His friend Andrew is a professional photographer, and they have a studio at the office! So Andrew did a full on photoshoot for us! Eileen is such a ham! At first, she was scared of Andrew and the lights. She wanted nothing to do with being in the middle of that floor and him taking her picture. As soon as I got down there with her (and I was not in photo shoot attire, so hopefully I am not in too many shots!) she did better. And then when she warmed up to him, well, what a little show off she is! She crawled around, laughed, smiled huge. We had some of her toys in the shots with her (Pooh, of course) and she just had a blast. We even had an outfit change in the middle of it. She ate it up. I can't wait to see those shots!


We spent the afternoon running errands - I was a happy girl to get my copy of Harry Potter- tho I haven't started to read it yet! We were supposed to go to dinner for Daddy's bday, but it was so late when we got back from errands, and the little lady was just worn out (all that performing in her photo shoot!) so we just got take-out and hung out at home. Truth be told, Mommy and Daddy were both pretty beat too.. we probably had more fun hanging out at home in our PJs than we would have at a restaurant!


For the rest of the update.. check out the post below... along with some hilarious pictures!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim said...

you will HAVE to share those pictures! can't wait to see!! glad Josh had a good birthday. I hope to be posting more soon. I don't have the entertaining little one, so mine don't come quite as often! :)

Anonymous said...

I JUST finished my copy of HP and it was FANTASTIC! The best one yet! Happy Reading!