Wednesday, July 25, 2007

BFF


Gracie likes Eileen more and more every day.
Check out the little lady here..
in the first shot, she's eating her Gerber Cruncher.
in the second shot, you see her face? "Who me?!?!" as she oh so slyly slips Gracie what is left of her Cruncher.
And there you see in the third shot, Gracie chomping away on that Cruncher!


This has become a nightly ritual. It's not like Eileen just happens to dangle her little hand over the edge of her chair and Gracie gobbles up what is there. No, Eileen consciously looks for Gracie and then shares her loot with the dog! Daddy of course was mortified that Eileen let Gracie lick her food and then would take another bite. But seeing as how half the time Gracie is licking Eileen's mouth, really, how bad can it be that they're sharing food?!?!?

When Gracie sees or hears the high chair being moved 'into position' for a meal, she immediately assumes her position right next to Eileen. Hilarious.

It became evident last night that Eileen had spent the entire day at school practicing her crawling. She's like a speeding bullet. I can barely contain her to get her undressed for her bath.
Last night once I got her stripped down, I let her crawl around her room while I got the tub ready. Have you ever seen a naked little baby butt scooting around? I don't think there can be anything cuter! So I stick my head out from the bathroom to make sure she's OK, and she's just all over the place. Then she turns around, sees that I am watching, and just giggles. So I got down on my hands and knees and started crawling. She made a beeline for the ottoman and hid behind it. She'd stick her little head out and look for me and just laugh and laugh. And then the naked little butt would scoot on to her next victim, which is the toybox. She likes to open and close the lid.

Gracie is just not sure what to think about the fact that Eileen can move around at will. She just watches her in fascination, then kind of walks along beside her sniffing her head. Part of me thinks Gracie wants to make sure Eileen doesn't get hurt or try to go somewhere 'bad.' And part of me thinks Gracie just can't figure out what the heck Eileen is all about and just follows her around trying to solve the mystery. Either way, it's quite cute.

Happy Wednesday!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: