Saturday, September 05, 2009

Mini Me Girly Tomboy

My girlie little tomboy. I love it.  We had a super fun day today. Mainly bc College Football started. And Tennessee won. Those things always make for happy days. But having a mini-me to share it all with is even better.

This has been the first weekend in about 5 weeks that we've had no plans. And while it is fun to have plans.. it can be just as nice to have nowhere to be.
I

t has been oddly cool the past 10 days. As in we've had the windows open ALL WEEK. I can't WAIT to get the electric bill. Anyway.. so the weather was completely positively perfect this morning for a run. I had a really nice 6miler and was pumped. I got home just in time for Game Day. yeeeehaww!  Eileen entertained herself upstairs while I cleaned and watched Game Day and Josh went for his run. Love that she's old enough now to hang out for a while by herself.

Today, of course, our game was at noon. Sweet.. I thought .. as Eileen would take a nap and I could watch most of the game while she slept. Of course she had no desire to sleep. She chatted to herself for about an hour, and then decided she wanted to get up. So I told her she had to watch football with mommy. She said OK.


And you know what?? She did! She lasted a little more than a quarter. Not too bad for a three year old!!  I told her about end zones, and goal posts and referees. She was pretty interested. Yes.  My own little sports buddy. LOVE it.  We also did her nails while we wtached. Football and manicures. I say that makes for one cool chick.

While it was odd to watch UT football without the Great Pumpkin.. I did not miss the sweaty bellybutton. Coach Kiffin.. much easier on the eyes.

So after the game we headed to Fleet Feet - which is a running store - but Eileen calls it the Sock Place. There really aren't many socks there... I think she just associates the Feet part? who knows. but i thikn its hilarious.

Last week at school they had some soccer coaches come in.  They'll be offering soccer at her school, so they came in for a demo I guess. I'd planned on signing Eileen up for gymnastics - also offered at her school - but somehow soccer sounds more like her. So we told her we'd get her a soccer ball at Target - of course she insisted on a purple one!  So we got home from running errands and I went outside to play with her and her new soccer ball. She said she wanted to show me what they'd learned last week. And oh.my.gawd.  She's like Mia Hamm, or maybe Brandi Chastain since she's blond. She's not even three. And I swear she took off down the back yard - 110% dribbling that ball with her feet! I stood there in shock. She moved that ball all over the place - but only where she wanted it to go. Clearly soccer is the better choice over gymnastics. She also did the move where you put your foot on top of the ball to stop it. NICE. So since soccer has loads of running, I am, of course, sooo excited to start molding my little training buddy.  I can't wait for her to start soccer at school next week!

So we still have two days left of our three day weekend. Did lots of chores today so hopefully we can just play tomorrow. We might go to Boomsday... but not the fireworks bc she's scared of those! Monday I'll have a long run. And then summer's over. Wow.
I hate to see it go. But I am kind of loving this weather. and a day of football and Octoberfest and candy corn does make me excited about Fall. Oh... candy corn. Yeah. its out. and yeah.. I bought a boat load. I do love it so. As does Eileen.


mmmmmmm.


Happy Holiday weekend all. Make it a safe one!

No comments: