Friday, May 25, 2007

2 years... 8 mos...

Ahh... it only took us TWO YEARS to get some pictures up on the wall along the stairs.. and it only took EIGHT MONTHS for us to finally get some pictures of Eileen up in her room!

Of course these pictures that I took of the pictures don't really do justice to how good and home-y it finally looks in our house.. at least you can get an idea!

Egads I am so ready for this three day weekend. It's Friday, about 11am. I am desperately hoping we get 'early dismissal' today. I have enough work to keep me busy until Sunday.. but I just about to be over this work week and be out of here!

We'll have some friends over for a cook out.. we'll hit the pool (can't wait to get Eileen in her new bathing suit!).. oh and of course we must kick off the Unofficial Start of Summer with a family trip to Bruster's! Even Gracie gets to come.. they give out free doggie ice cream! Other than that we'll just chill out and enjoy the extra day. It's supposed to be warm and dry all weekend! I know we desperately need the rain.. but I am so glad it will be sunny all weekend. Bring on the tan!

These other pics are just random ones taken this week. You can see Eileen and I after a day at work and school. How is it that I sit behind a desk all day, but I still manage to look like I've been hit by a Mack Truck at day's end? Eh. oh well.

And you can see behind me that our poor Japanese Maple has finally come back to life! It looked great in March, then we had that freakish freeze in April and it killed it! We really didn't know if it would come back.

OK.. I'm going to get back to work so I can try to get out of here and start the long weekend.

:)


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kim said...

hi there! that pic of you & eileen is great!! i don't see anything resembling a mack truck. ;) i have frames up in our house with nothing in them yet. i so know the feeling. hopefully before summer's end i'll have our house in shape.

have a great long weekend!

Raven said...

Okay, the photos look gorgeous, as do you & Eileen - that is a GREAT picture!!

And Bruster's... oh, Bruster's. We used to go there every other night. Must start again soon. And Eileen is just old enough to LOVE the free baby cones!!! :) I want to see a pic of that!

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Eileen is so CUTE!! and you look great ;)

Sara

Anonymous said...

Erin,

Such cute pics! I just took Miss Sophie to Brusters yesterday... glad to know I'm not the only one!

Catherine