Saturday, October 07, 2006

Fall Fun

Fall is the BEST time of year. If only nasty gray winter didn't come right after it. These past couple of days have been perfect. Sunny, breezy and a tad chilly.

I got my pansies planted (after a whole summer of not being able to 'play in the dirt' - I was in my glory digging up flowers and weeds and getting the fresh flowers in the ground!). Josh planted the mums and got our fall display together in the front yard. This from the two people who used to be such city dwellers in Manhattan. :)

My mom & John left this morning. That was tough. Mom was here almost three weeks. She didn't want to leave Eileen, and Josh and I didn't want them to leave at all. Josh had a blast with John doing handy man things around the house. (And thanks to John our computer is right with the world again). And I sure got used to Mom taking care of baby while I took long showers and napped. This week on our own will prove interesting!

Today was a big day for Eileen. We ventured out to run some errands. We got bourbon, beer, a bale of hay and some gas drops for baby's tummy. How's that for variety!? She did great in the car, and once Mommy and Daddy figured out how to get the carrier attached to the shopping cart (thanks to the very nice lady at Babies R Us), we did pretty well too!

As you can see, the day of errands wore Daddy out. Gracie stands guard over Eileen (actually she's still trying to figure out this whole baby thing, but she's been quite patient and sweet about it all).

I really will get links to Shutterfly loaded up, but right now we're all heading out for a walk and then to get some dinner before the UT/UGA game gets going.

Have a good one!

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous pictures of all!!! Thanks Grandma Joyce xoxox

Anonymous said...

love the pics!

i enjoyed a fancy pants business lunch with josh on friday at the palm - very small world!

Anonymous said...

The blog is looking great! Not sure when you find the time to write....but your words are easy to read....sort of like "talking" to you. And the pix....what can I say? Awesome! Miss you both....but you know my "heart" is with Eileen. Miss her the most! So hard to believe a little creature like that made me cry so much. Never dreamed leaving would be so difficult. Didn't know my eyes could hold that many tears! Can't wait to see her (and you two, of course) at the Christening!

Love,
NanaJan

Raven said...

Look at her! She's already changing so much! And I think I recognize that little pink outfit! :) She couldn't be any cuter, Erin. Mwah!

Anonymous said...

HI ERIN,
JUST HEARD FROM YOUR MOM THRU E-MAIL CONGRATS ON BABY EILEEN SHE IS ADORABLE...CHRISTINE HAD A BABY BOY AUG 17TH HE JOINS HIS 3 YR OLD BROTHER KYLE.
TAKE CARE AND HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL XOXOXOXO
MARILYN O'LEARY