Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Good Night and Good Luck (to us!)

Having a scheduled delivery definitely brings on very strange feelings. It doesn't appear Eileen will make an entrance on her own. She's got about 12 hours until the doctors get me going on some drugs that will force her out!

Waking up this morning knowing this will be the last day of life as we know it. Josh went to work as usual. I hung out here and ran some errands. Mom and I went for pedicures (hey- it's the last day I can use the "I can't reach my feet!" excuse!). We had lunch and then cleaned (again!). Took a nap. Then I went and got Josh and the day was sort of over. Right now he's mowing the lawn, I just did some laundry. Nothing very exciting or unusual, but all the same completely different. We'll have some dinner, go to bed, and be up bright and early to go to the hospital.

All that being said, I'm not nervous (at least not yet). Just waiting. I think it won't really seem real until we're actually home on Saturday with Eileen. I'm guessing even in the hospital it will seem surreal b.c it's not home, b.c there are loads of nurses to help change diapers and put her to sleep in a nursery, b.c there's a cafeteria to make our food, b.c there's someone to do the laundry. I'll probably re-read this post on Saturday or Sunday and it will seem like a stranger wrote it.

We took a picture of me today with my giant belly. I'll post it in a couple of days when we can get some pics of Eileen posted too. If I can't get my butt to the computer, I'll make sure Josh or Shannon gets something posted.

In the meantime, have a great rest of the week. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers and well wishes. Josh and I (& Eileen!) appreciate it more than you know.

I'll be back in a couple of days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, You are definitely in my prayers! I probably won't sleep much tonight either. I pray you will have an easy delivery and that Eileen will come into this world smiling! and healthy! and Josh will come through it all without fainting! Love you all, Grandma Joyce

Anonymous said...

Good luck Erin and Josh! Been following your log! I bet your bundle of joy has been waiting for premier week to make an entrance! Welcome Eileen!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Erin!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures of Eileen when she gets here!
Good Luck to you both!! You're going to be great parents!!

Anonymous said...

Congradulations! She's here! We are so proud of all of you. We were hoping that there would be pictures of her to see. I guess you have been really busy. Hope to see her soon. Good Luck and know that we love all of you very much.
Uncle Tommy & Jan