Monday, October 05, 2009

It's (NOT) Football Time in Tennesee....


A friend of mine offered me his season tickets for the weekend.. as he couldn't use them bc he had to go out of town.

I haven't been to a game since before Eileen was born.. so it has obviously been at least three years! I was totally stoked. And it turned out a boatload of old friends happened to be in town for it. .making it even better.



Sissy went with me.. even tho I think Josh really did want to go (but now he's going to U2 tomorrow in Atlanta.. so don't feel too sorry for him!).  Sissy and I rarely do anything with just us these days.. and we had a ton of fun. We ate lunch and then headed to the Strip. Where all at once you feel insanely old, and wonder how on earth these 18 year old girls all look like super models. I mean.. I think I was fairly cute in college. But I mean holy hannah these girls are all gorgeous. I don't get it. Frightening to think of Eileen in a few years...


There is something so comforting about seeing old friends. People who you don't get to see very much anymore.. and barely keep in touch with (except via status updates on Facebook...).. but you see each other and it is as if no time has passed. It is hard to explain.. and I know there are only a handful of such people who come along in life.. and I know enough to be extremely grateful to have such friends.  The girls in this picture are some of those people. Oh the stories we have (well.. the ones we can remember anyway..)


And the girls in this picture are also the sort that you can go months and years without seeing.. and poof! its like you're all back in college together. Kids and marriages and jobs and all that sometimes not so fun adult stuff.. but it is so very easy to just 'be' with these friends.  Not a bad way to spend a Saturday afternoon.. Coors Light helps too. :)


There is, of course, the matter of the actual football game. I mean sh*t. I think Eileen could complete more passes than our QB. It was unreal to be in that stadium and watch your home team look as if a PeeWee team could beat them. I bleed orange. I am no fair-weather fan (lets remember I am also a Sox fan.. I know disappointment)...  but for as much money is pumped into this football program.. and as faithful as these fans are... and the fact that our facilicities outshine those of NFL teams.. there is just no excuse for the level of play being executed by this 2009 team. SOO frustrating. but nonetheless.. it was great to be back in the Stadium and with old friends.

Josh heads to Atlanta tomorrow with one of his friends to go see U2. Wow. that will be an amazing show! but before he goes.. we'll be heading to the pumpkin patch with Eileen's class. I can't not WAIT to see all thsoe kids and their car seats loaded onto the bus. I think I might be more excited about that than the trip to the pumpkin patch. :)
On Saturday she didn't want to put on her Tennesee Cheerleader outfit (maybe she knows how bad they are?).  I kept bribing her.. "I'll give you a cookie if you put it on.. we can go to daddy's work if you put it on..."   nothing was working.  Eventually I just wrestled it on her. She was not happy with Mommy! But she got over it and looked too cute in her turtleneck and TN dress. (These pics are from a few weeks ago.. when it was still warm.)  Check out her face in the picture here.. do you SEE the smart-aleck look?? oh that girl.


Miss Denee came over for a little while on Saturday. She brought Eileen a birthday present.. a purse. And OMG.. Eileen has not let it out of her SIGHT! today, when I picked her up from school.. she ran up to say hi. Then ran over to her cubby.  Then put on her sunglasses. and her purse. and marched on over.. ready to go. I cracked up.  She's so girly.. and so not.  I love it. She's so me.


I got my Team Fox shirt today! yay. Less than one month to go til the Marathon.  I can't believe it. I feel like this year's training has flown by. I'll run again with Team Fox.. so if you're reading.. I still have about $1000 to raise. So please please give if you can.. it's a tax write off and for a good cause! go to http://www.teamfox.org/  and search me. (tip: use the married name...)

I'll be braving having a yard sale in two weeks.. all proceeds going to Team Fox. I've never had a yard sale.. THAT should make for an interesting blog...

OK. its time for bed. Have a good week..

No comments: