Thursday, September 14, 2006

getting there...

Finally! some progress! I have started to dilate, I am just at 1.5 cm, but hey- I'll take it! We're still on track to get induced next Thursday if she doesn't come on her own before then.

I'll still be trying every ol' wives tale in the book to see if we can't get her to come on out. So far I've tried:
-eating eggplant parm
-eating pineapple
-drinking raspberry tea
-walking up and down stairs (our dog thinks I've lost my mind)
-walking around the neighborhood (our neighbors can't believe we still haven't had this child!)
-drinking Karo syrup (Castor Oil is also supposed to work, but I just don't think I can do that)

So, I'll at least continue the walking and the stairs and the tea.. those are the most tolerable of the bunch.

Today at the doctor we got hooked up to the fetal monitor - just to make sure Eileen is doing OK in there. She's fine, her heartbeat is good and strong. Josh was there, and so he'd talk to her. Know what's amazing? When he did talk, her heart rate would shoot up by about 20 beats. Unreal.

So, I'm certainly in a better state of mind knowing that we're moving in the right direction.

If she's not here by the weekend, I'll of course be watching the UT/Florida game.. which will hopefully be quite exciting and I'll yell and scream at the TV (again, the dog thinks I am nuts) - maybe that will just scare Eileen right out!

Stay tuned...

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay progress!! Hopefully it won't be too long. Not that I want to miss it, but maybe I'll get to visit her when we get back from Memphis.
xo, nicole

Anonymous said...

Yippee Progress! You know you left some important things off the list of labor inducements:

spicy food
sushi (wasabi falls under spicy)
and
Sex! Don't forget that is what got you here in the first place. Might just finish it off and since once you have Eileen you can't do it for 6 weeks you may as well test the theory now.

Can't wait to meet Eileen!

Anonymous said...

Erin! I can't believe Eileen is still in there! I even asked David the other day, what was the news :) Sounds like she'll enjoy making an entrance!

Wasn't there some kind of multi-garlic pizza in LA that was famous for inducing labor? I swear I heard it on one of our FN shows! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin, I love the title of your blog. I agree with brandi... go the route of spicy foods. Or, stand up a lot and use the baby weight to get gravity to dilate you some more. But, the truth is, she will come when she's good and ready. Good luck, and I hope that she's born tomorrow like her cousins Emma and Danny!! much love, JoAnne :-)

Anonymous said...

All you moms and moms to be are so cute with your blogs! Can't wait to meet Eileen and see you and Josh! Carden

heather mcgee said...

Erin,
You look AMAZING!!! Your nursery is adorable! Can't wait to see pictures of Eileen in it!

Heather